What Are Regulations Guiding the Use of CBD in Calgary
Canada is one of the countries where the use of cannabis is legal. Calgary, as a province under Canada, has several rules Guiding the use of CBD in the city. One of the major reasons why CBD is regulated in Calgary is to ensure that only quality and medical CBD is distributed and consumed in the city.
Even though BudPop and other CBD shops can legally sell CBD-related products, it’s still necessary to ensure that CBD products do not get into the wrong hands.
If you use CBD and happen to be in Calgary, here are some regulations guiding the use of CBD:
- CBD, whether for medical or recreational purposes, is only allowed on private property.
- The use of medical CBD in public places is only allowed if it is approved by provincial or municipal authorities.
- It is highly prohibited to consume any form of CBD in public spaces
- It is illegal to ship any form of CBD into the city. You can only use CBD purchased from authorized stores and websites in the city. If you’re entering or leaving. Calgary, it is highly illegal to travel with CBD.
- CBD businesses can only sell CBD products if they have a license that the state has approved. If you’re a CBD user and do not know how to identify unlicensed CBD retailers, here are some ways to know:
– They sell to underage users
– They usually have appealing packaging
– They ship CBD to anywhere in the country
– They do not request credit cards as a mode of payment
– They usually carry out promos referrals and even give bonuses to their customers.
- You cannot be sold or allowed to use CBD products if you’re under 18 years of age, and any CBD store caught selling CBD to underage users stands the risk of revoking their license.
- CBD users can only carry about 30 grams of cannabis while in the city.
- It is highly prohibited to go into a cannabis store with a minor or kids.
- Driving while high or having passengers high on CBD is highly prohibited and punishable by law.
- Households interested in growing their cannabis are only allowed to grow four plants.
Several regulations are guiding the use of cannabis in Calgary because these are necessary to ensure that people do not abuse the freedom to use CBD. It also reduces the chances of cannabis-related offences.
Selling CBD can become a profit-making venture for crime syndicates, hence the need for laws regulating the sale and use of CBD in the city. Besides, these regulations are also made to protect the public and ensure that everyone in the city, especially the youth, is safe from unhealthy cannabis consumption.
As more people are starting to identify and accept the benefits of CBD and its related products, Legalising CBD in Canada is necessary. However, to protect its people, cities like Calgary have strict regulations to ensure that CBD is consumed correctly.